Surprise! For almost 2 weeks Mania and I were collaborating on our own side project. Mania came up with the idea initially and so we embarked on another epic song full of metal riffs, orchestral strings and much more. We wanted to surprise all of you with the finished project so we worked in secrecy. Tell us what you think was good or what could be improved on.
One of my older songs. I've removed the "rise" section (For the guys who didn't listen to the first incarnation of this it was a more majory section which I felt didn't fit so the last chorus goes straight to the outro now. However I still want to improve this song if possible so any critique will be of great use and I do not care how harsh it is. Be genuinely honest!
I neatened up the transition between the main change at the start by having an extended clean section with a solo in it to flow over to the thrashy section and went from there. If all went to plan, this song shouldn't last too long and should have a nice feel and flow to it. If not, more work will be done.
Another jewish scale song although it does not stay strict to it the whole way through. I tried to make this flow as well as I could and it definitely does seem to (At the start at least). The solo was also designed to be more melodic and well paced than my usual stuff though it doesn't sound as good as I would have wanted it to.
I came up with the intro riff while fooling about on guitar and then I found out it was part of the Jewish Scale. So now I have my first Jewish Scale song. Its a bit repetative but it has quite a nic feel to it. It also is not in the lower end of my 7-string tuning so it actually sounds a bit lighter than usual.
I added a little bit to this song. I came up with the little section I wrote a couple days ago and didn't know what to do with it, so I thought with a little tweaking, Mania could change it up and make it work if possible. It's not much, but it's getting late for me and I have work tomorrow, so have at it!